LFHS Academic Boosters
About Us: The LFHS Academic Boosters was started in 2007 and is a group of parents, community members, and LFHS faculty members working together to support education at LFHS.
Mission: Our mission is to focus on raising funds and planning events and activities that celebrate and encourage academic growth and achievement of all students at Livermore Falls High School.
We need volunteers!
Joining the LFHS Academic Boosters is a great way to...actively participate in your child's academic success...volunteer your time and talents...connect with parents, teachers and others who want to make high school a positive and rewarding experience...share ideas and have fun!
There are opportunities to work on a variety of projects. These are some of the activities we have done that might interest you:
- Served breakfast to students on opening day; created welcome banners and bulletin boards for students and staff members.
- Raised funds for scholarships and other activities by working in the All-Sports Boosters booth, conducting a 'cabin fever' basket raffle, holding a baseball and softball game bake sale, and selling fried doughboys at the Homecoming pep rally.
- Awarded $250 scholarships to graduating seniors; recognized seniors by creating posters and bulletin boards announcing their post-secondary education, military, and work-related plans; created balloon arches and decorations for graduation ceremonies.
- Participated in academic awards assemblies by providing treats and recognition to Honor Roll students; provided and served dinner at National Honor Society induction ceremonies; helped with monitoring a math meet; and provided refreshments for JMG ceremonies and the Library Preview Cafe.
- Provided and served year-end teacher and staff appreciation luncheons.
- Began to formulate plans for an aspirations project that will encourage students to do their best, increase engagement by parents, and ultimately result in higher graduation rates and more students with post-secondary education or targeted career plans.
- Helped to promote school pride by cleaning up the entrance landscaping.
- Served breakfast and snacks and provided prizes at SAT testing day for third year students.
How can you join or get more information? Download LFHS Academic Boosters Volunteer Form.
Call or email:
Cathi Howell at 897-3428 ext. 211 (days); firstname.lastname@example.org - Booster Head/School Rep
Nancy Anctil at 897-6586 (evenings); email@example.com - Booster Head/Parent Rep
Janet Ventrella at 897-2289 (evenings); firstname.lastname@example.org - Booster Head/Parent Rep
Next Meeting: Monday, March 28 at 5:00 PM in the high school library. This is a joint meeting with the LFMS Academic Booster group to finalize details for the Aspire Higher event on March 31.